Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks to God for His Blessings in My Life

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good, for His mercy endures forever.  Let the redeemed of the Lord say so."  Psalm 107:1-2

Today, on this Thanksgiving Day, I thank my dear Savior, Jesus Christ for dying for me so that I could live.  I thank my Father God that salvation is only a prayer away.  I thank my best friend, the Holy Spirit who constantly feeds me words of encouragement and wisdom.

I thank God for forgiveness and mercy, for bestowing them on me and showing me how to do the same.  I thank God for for my husband, the love of my life after Jesus alone, of whom  I have been so blessed, a man of godly wisdom and integrity who loves me unconditionally and without boundaries.  I thank You Lord for him.  Please bless him with boldness and strength and protect him from the enemy's fiery darts.  Thank You that he is healthy and that his feet are planted like roots in your word getting fed by the river of living water.

For my daughter, my darling child, my dear friend.  I am so grateful for all she has taught me, and that we both grew to new levels together, mother and child, hand-in-hand.  Thank You, Father, for her infectious humor and her honesty.  Please bless her with all that You know she needs to be a godly woman and nurturing mother.  Thank You for replacing all her pain with gain and her struggles with joy.

Thank You Lord, for my granddaughter, who will be born in just about 10 weeks.  Thank You that You already have Your hand on her life, and that You took so much love and care in forming her in her mother's womb.  Thank You that she is the apple of Your eye, just like the rest of us.  Thank You that she is already changing lives.

And I thank You, Father, for me!  I have grown so much, and I haven't even begun.  I thank You for the gifts You have given me, and the talents You have blessed me with.

For all of my friends, family, associates, my Pastors and their families, and my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ the world over, please bless us all with godly wisdom, that our eyes and ears are open to the cries of those less fortunate around us.  Allow us to better ourselves, to become humble so that we may serve them.  Thank You for our eyes, to see Your majesty in even the smallest things.  Thank You for our ears, that we can hear Your voice in the cry of a baby or the beauty of a melody.  Thank You that we can listen with our hearts and hear Your still, small voice letting us know You're there.

Thank You Lord that our backs are strong enough to lift the weight of our burdens so we can place them at Your throne and that our feet keep carrying us through this beautiful life You've so graciously given us.  Please place before us those that we can help, and let it be with peace and joy in our hearts that we go to sleep each night.  May we be a blessing to You, Lord.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  Colossians 3:17

8 comments:

  1. As always, Deirdre, a beautiful and worshipful prayer, something for which I lack any talent at all. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad your life is full of blessings and congratulations on the little one. She will surely be spoiled with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linnea, we all have so many things to be grateful for. God is so amazing. I love the things you write as well, you have a talent I don't! God likes to spread the talent so that none of us are bored I guess! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

      Delete
  2. Deirdre, Your words simply take my breath away--you really need to become a preacher. As close as I am to my Savior, loving Him above all else as one with the Father and Holy spirit, I do not have the words sufficient to praise Him as you do-use your talent well as it is sorely needed in this world we live in today. I'll pray that your little grand daughter comes into the world safely and quickly into your arms and heart. Love you,
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly not qualified to be a preacher, but I will take this as my ministry. Thank you for your prayers for my grandchild. I am so excited about meeting her in just 10 weeks! God bless you, Micki, always.

      Delete
  3. Deirdre, I did not know you are expecting a new granddaughter! What a blessing! Thank you for such wonderful prayerful moments that shed so much light on the true source of strength!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sharla, thank you so much, God is blessing my family greatly with this little baby. God bless you!

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    This is a beautiful prayer of Thanksgiving to our LORD. Reading your prayer, I myself thought about all the things that I have to be thankful for. Thank you for being so open and willing to let the Holy Spirit lead you into the things that he wanted to say through this prayer.
    I also pray your granddaughter have a wonderful entry into the world.
    Take care, my friend.
    I love you.
    Shalom,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat! I am always so excited when you stop by! Thank you again for your words of encouragement to me. We have so much to be thankful for, I wake up each day eager to learn His teaching! I love you too!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)