Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to Those Very Dear and Precious Other Moms

Dear Reader,
I wanted to write something special for Mother's Day today, and as I sat at my computer this morning, nothing came to me that hadn't been said by someone before. I tried and tried, but my heart just wasn't in it. So I closed down and went to get ready for church. I thought about just putting "Happy Mother's Day" out the
re, but then thought otherwise.

I try to encourage with this blog, or to lift spirits or to be a vessel that God uses to get His message across. While I was getting ready for church, God opened the window of my heart and placed a very special message in me for today. Although unusual, it is profound, as is everything the Lord has to say.

There is a group of Mothers that very few remember. You won't find a card for them at the store full of pretty sentiments, and no flowers are delivered for them today. They sit through this day cloaked in pain and sorrow because these are the mothers who lost their children through miscarriages, SIDS, abortion, and stillborn births. For some reason their babies, the children that they would have cuddled and nursed did not live long enough to fulfill the natural feeling women have to nurture. So they don't have a child making hearts with sweet but sloppy sentiments for them. They can't see their daughter get married, or their son become the man she dreamed of.

God wants you ladies to know that you became mothers the moment you conceived. If your baby only lived for a few hours or days or weeks or months in utero, you were and still are, a mother. Your child is sitting at God's side, alive, and happy, and waiting for you. Do not feel sorrow or pain anymore. Although in this world you can't hold that child, you will one day! You were the vessel God used for creating a life. We can't begin to understand why God does what He does, but we must remember that every single thing He does is filled with love.

He knows how you feel. He wants you to know that you are much stronger than you think. You have grown to take that same love you would have had for your own children, and you have given it to other people's children. You have watched and wished, but you have loved beyond what most people can imagine. You have found that place in your heart to give to others unselfishly. You have been an example of grace.

Ladies, I honor you today! I wish you joy and fulfillment in the ways that God has given you gifts and talents. I admire you for being so strong. Please, take my best and most heartfelt wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! God is still blessing you, and although some of you may not know or understand how, He is, and it will become apparent to you in His time.

My own daughter suffered a miscarriage four years ago the day after finding out she was pregnant. In that short 12-hour period, my husband and I had discussed who it would look more like, how that Christmas there would be a baby in the house, and how absolutely delighted we were. But things did not turn out the way we all expected. Still, three years later the Lord blessed her with a beautiful baby girl. But she is a mother of two, and one day, on the other side of the rainbow, she will meet the first child she carried, even for such a short time. One day that beautiful child will reach for her while angels sing praises to God. And she will know, as will all you Moms, what a holy and blessed reward it is from God to be a Mother, even one who has lost a child.

For all those Moms that have been a Mom to a dog or cat, thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Thank you for taking care of God's creatures as He tells us to in the Bible.

Happy Mother's Day! May you see God's blessings all around you today! You are special and have a special gift that no one else does. Smile, and feel joy today! He is in your heart, loving you!

"For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5

4 comments:

  1. Hi My Dear Friend,
    thank you for these very encouraging words to women who do not have children. I for one am a woman who has never conceived a child. But one day I received a prophecy from a woman pastor who was visiting our church here in Germany. She asked me if she could speak to me and also told me she had already asked my Pastor for permission. I said yes. She told me she had a word for me from the Lord and it was from Isaiah 54; that I should not cry or be sad because my children would be more than the woman who had children. She told me God has given me a Mother's heart. and some more things that I will not write here. It was a nice surprise and it was a prophecy that I accepted.
    So, I thank you for this timely word from the Lord. It brought up the memory of the prophecy given to me and renewed my faith.
    Love you, Sis.
    Shalom,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pat, I am glad that my post stirred up a good memory! Having a mother's heart doesn't necessarily mean having children, but knowing how to nurture those around us that need to feel the closeness and love that they may not have received from their own mother. I believe it is a gift to be able to take someone in your arms and heart and treat them with love and respect as if they were your own. I love you too, Sis! Peace with you, Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deirdre,
    I love when God speaks to you and Pat. He speaks to me as well and they are moments that I treasure.This is a wonderful message for all mothers who've lost babies/children of all ages. I nearly miscarried Noelle when I was three months along and defied the doctors who advised me to let her go as she was probably defective. I got off my feet and after 7 months of bleeding, it stopped and she was delivered full term. Losing her would have been brutal to me. I only had her 14 more years, but had I listened to the doctors instead of God and my own heart, I would not have had her at all.

    Love, Micki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Micki, I believe that God speaks to all of us, it is just a matter of stopping the everyday noise long enough to hear him. I find myself so busy these days that my blogs are few and far between. But He is still here. God is so good to have brought Noelle into your life. Her life was something that God had planned for you and Butch and your other children. She will never be forgotten, and one day you will meet again in Heaven. What a precious reunion that will be! Love you too!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)