Friday, March 18, 2016

Just Call!

I wasn't paying attention; I took my eyes off the Lord because things were going well.  Then, like Peter, all that supported me caved in and I collapsed into the sea of despair.

I hadn't lost faith, I lost sight! I forgot to grasp my life preserver when I ventured out. Life had been going 'my way' and I never noticed myself drifting.  I blamed everyone but myself for my misery. I even shied away from my Savior, feeling totally unworthy of His love and forgiveness.

But then like Peter I shouted, "Lord, save me!" and a strong and loving hand grasped mine and pulled me out of the abyss I was in and held me close to His heart.  He said He loved me, even now! Always had and always will, in spite of my failures.

So if you find yourself sinking, just call out for Him.  He won't let you drown.

"And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him."  Matthew 15:31a NKJV

From:  From My Heart to Yours by Deirdre Tolhurst

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my dear for this very encouraging word. It seems that you keep hitting the spots that I need encouragement in. Thanks for your obedience.
    Shalom,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to help! Have a beautiful day! Love you!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)